Primaloft® Insulation Technology
Selk'bag Nomad Wearable Sleeping Bag
The environmentally sustainable Nomad lives up to its name. An adventurous spirit in harmony with nature, respectful to our environment.
- Made from 65 plastic bottles
- 100% post-consumer recycled Primaloft® insulation
- Weather resistant with DWR coating
- The YKK® Natulon® zipper is made from PET bottles, post-consumer fibres, and other polyester
- The Nomad is fitted with a Balaclava which offers added warmth and protection against cold and winds in more extreme conditions
- Kangaroo style front pocket to rest your hands or hold items
- Removeable booties that zip-ff so you can wear your own shoes when active or the durable nylon booties when sleeping
- Leg vents to help regulate temperature if you get too warm
- The attached hood is both insulated and adjustable for best fit, warmth and comfort
- Shell: 100% recycled polyester fabric
- Lining: 100% recycled polyester fabric
- Insulation: Primaloft® Black Insulation ThermoPlume®
- Temp Rating (ISO 23537): 6 C (Comfort) | 2 C (Limit) | -13 C (Extreme)
- Weight: 1.6 kg (S) - 1.8 kg (M) - 1.9 kg (L) - 2.1 kg (XL)
A proper fit is essential to fully enjoying all the Selk'bag has to offer. Please note, that the sizing recommendations are meant for people of average weight and sizing is impacted by user weight. For example, a Selk'bag will fit a person of below average weight with a taller frame that exceeds the guidelines. Likewise, a person of above average weight will require a bag meant for someone taller.
In-between sizes? Please first consider the weight recommendations in the previous paragraph. Second, please understand that a looser fit is better for more comfortable sleeping, while a tighter fit is better for mobility - but may restrict sleeping comfort if booties are left on.
We always recommend to size up if you are not completely sure. It's better to have a little bit more room while using your Selk'bag!
Please mind that our Original 6G model due to highest loft of insulation (contains more padding insulation that Lite 6G) makes it more snug, so we recommend to size up if you are 1'' to 3'' below the in between size range (i.e if you are getting the Original 6G and you are 5'9'' we recommend getting an XL)
Fits up to 4’11’’ / 150 cm Tall
It can fit up to 5'4'' if you intend to use it without booties
Fits up to 5’5’’ / 165 cm Tall
If you are between 4'11'' and 5'5'' this is your size. It can fit up to 5'9'' if you intend to use it without booties
Fits up to 5’11’’ / 180 cm Tall
If you are between 5'5'' and 5'11'' this is your size. It can fit up to 6'1'' if you intend to use it without booties
Fits up to 6’4’’ / 193 cm Tall
If you are between 5'11'' and 6'4'' this is your size. It can fit up to 6'5'' if you intend to use it without booties
The Selk’bag Nomad proudly features 100% post-consumer recycled Primaloft® Black Insulation ThermoPlume®, a breakthrough sustainable material offering the warmth, softness, compressibility, water resistance, and lightweight performance of natural goose down.
The small, silky proprietary fibers of ThermoPlume® deliver the warmth equivalent of 550 fill power down.
100% Recycled Fabric
The Selk’bag Nomad’s outer shell and linings are made with 100% post-consumer recycled material fibers.
Sixty-five (65) discarded plastic bottles are recycled into polyester fibers to produce each bag, taking a meaningful step towards more sustainable production. Requiring fewer resources, generating less waste, and reducing greenhouse gas emissions, helps us better protect people’s health and push for a more sustainable planet.
The innovative Primaloft® Black Insulation ThermoPlume® teams with Selk’bag’s new seamless baffled construction technology to wrap the entire body in warmth while minimizing cold spots typical of stitched seam garments and maximizing freedom of movement.
YKK® Natulon® Recycled Zippers
The YKK® Natulon® zipper is made from PET bottles, post-consumer fibers, and other polyester remnants to deliver sustainability without compromising leading durability and top performance.